12 Mar 2018
Officially kicking off in September 2017, Technical Services has been working to complete the migration of our FIS active directory to the University-wide active directory. We are happy to announce this migration has been successfully completed on time! This has been a monumental undertaking, and we would like to thank you all for your cooperation and patience during this time.
- Joining the centralized active directory allows for better-integrated security and use of a single sign-on (Fewer passwords to remember!)
- Increased integration with the University community will streamline implementations and collaboration with other University departments, schools, and units
- 48 business services located on over 300 servers were migrated, and many were improved during the transition to include upgraded hardware and software
Thank you for your support!
Below are linked the most read articles from our customers. Check them out and see if they can be of any use to you.
03 Apr 2017
As a service to our customers, FIS is working with AirWatch, a leading provider of mobile device security services. AirWatch is an industry leading mobile device management service with over 12,000 global customers. AirWatch supports employee or University-owned mobile devices. FIS customers with University-owned mobile devices have been using Airwatch for some time, and it is now available to you if you would like to enroll your personal device.
By enrolling your personal mobile device in Airwatch, you can:
- Remotely lock your device if you lose it.
- Easily configure email, contacts, and calendar on your device.
- Wipe data from your device if it’s lost or stolen.
In addition, enrollment with Airwatch means that FIS will ensure that you have access to the most current security settings. You will also receive notifications when new software updates are available.
FIS recommends enrolling your iPhone, iPad, Android, etc. if you use this device to access University resources. Enrolling your devices is a simple process. Instructions about how to enroll your mobile device can found in our Knowledgebase. Once you are enrolled, here are instructions on how to use the AirWatch Self Service Portal.
If you have any questions or would like assistance enrolling your device in Airwatch, please submit a ticket at the FIS Support Portal.
21 Mar 2017
As part of moving to the digital workplace, FIS is investing in desktop virtualization. Virtualization of our workplace assists with increased productivity, agility, and responsiveness. It also extends the life cycle of the desktop and provides the flexibility to adjust resources to each desktop on demand.
FIS Connect 7: FIS is working to upgrade the virtual desktop infrastructure which will increase capacity, optimize performance, and improve reliability for all customers who use a virtual computer.
sConnect: All FIS customers who utilize a virtual desktop with FIS Connect 7 will soon have access to sConnect. sConnect is our Desktop from Anywhere solution. It’s a secure portal that allows you to log into FIS Connect from any web browser with an internet connection, both on or off campus, with no additional software required. This means you can get to your desktop and other resources just as if you were in the office.
- If you’re working from home, use sConnect to connect to your work desktop from your home computer.
- If you are using a conference room computer and need to quickly access your files, you can use the sConnect website.
- If the power goes out in your office, you can relocate and continue to work with all necessary access.
Stay tuned for our announcement of sConnect’s debut!