08 Jul 2014
Box is a cloud-based storage solution for all Faculty and Staff at the University to store non-confidential, general business or personal documentation.
- Free access with your @pitt.edu account
- Start with 50GB of storage
- Instantly access your files online from anywhere
- Manage content online to add, view, edit and organize files
- Share files securely
- Collaborate by inviting others to share and comment on your files
Box on Mobile
Box works on an Android, Android Tablet, iPad, iPhone, Blackberry and Windows Phone. The full list can be viewed here.
Helpful Links and Tips
02 Jul 2014
CSSD has announced an Enterprise Exchange email service upgrade for all Faculty and Staff. This upgrade will automatically take effect and preferences need to be set by July 11th. There are many benefits including the ability to request your own email quota increases.
Your Action Required by July 11th:
Please take the necessary steps to set your preferences before the upgrade period begins.
- Log in to my.pitt.edu
- Select the link on the upper right side of the page stating, Please set your preferences today
- On the next page, choose Set Email Preferences
- The Email Preferencesscreen will appear. Choose the first option, I want to receive my email in my My Pitt Email (Exchange 2013) mailbox
- Click Next
- The next screen displays the options to delete or keep the legacy IMAP mailbox. This is the mailbox that opens when you choose “Webmail” in my.pitt.edu. If you no longer use this mailbox (most people do not), choose the option Delete my legacy email (IMAP/ Webmail) mailbox
- If you want to copy the emails from the IMAP mailbox to your Exchange mailbox, select the checkbox next to Move existing messages in my IMAP/Webmail mailbox to My Pitt Email
- Click Submit when finished
- A confirmation message should appear. Click Finish.
Things that will not change:
- Your email address and aliases
- Outlook 2010 client on the computer
- How you access email on my.pitt.edu
- Your calendar and mailbox permissions
- Your mailbox size
The Benefits of Upgrading to Exchange 2013
- Enjoy an enhanced Web interface with new features
- Increase your email storage space as needed
- Share your calendar with others and schedule meetings
- Schedule online video conferences with Microsoft Lync
- Search an address book of everyone at Pitt
- Reply to emails inline (that is, without opening a new window to compose a message)
- Receive an alert before you send an email if you forget to include an attachment.
- Use a consistent email interface across all of your devices
- Set an out-of-office notification when you are unable to respond to email
- Work and compose emails while offline
- Install Web apps
- Enjoy constant access to your personal contacts, University address book, calendar, and tasks regardless of whether you access your email through My Pitt, on your mobile device, or using an email client.
For more information, please see CSSD’s Article and Frequently Asked Questions concerning this upgrade.
If you still have questions, let us know!